Thursday, April 21, 2011

Playlist


This week I've been thinking about creating an Ohio-themed playlist. This is what I've gathered so far, I'll give it a listen over the weekend to see if it works.

The National, “Bloodbuzz Ohio”

Sun Kil Moon, “Carry me Ohio”

Loretta Lynn, “Van Lear Rose”

James Brown, “Get up Offa that Thing”

Scissor Sisters, “Laura

The Pretenders, “My City Was Gone”

Kid Cudi, “Cleveland Is The Reason”

Modest Mouse, "Ohio"

Gillian Welch, “Look at Miss Ohio”

Ohio Players, "Love Roller Coaster"

The Black Keys, "Ohio"

The Breeders, "Tipp City"

Jayhawks, "Somewhere in Ohio"

Guided by Voices -- "Dayton, Ohio 19-something- and 5"



Likely to be dropped:


Talib Kweli, "The Blast"

Distillers, "Cincinnati"

Clouddead, "Rhymer's Only Room"

Super Furry Animals, "Ohio Heat"




2 comments:

  1. what about Hawthorne Heights "Ohio is for Lovers"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, "Ohio" by Neil Young???

    ReplyDelete