Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Form's Alphabet




During school this morning one of the first form classes (typically 6 years of age) had their alphabet ceremony . The ceremony celebrates finishing the first year of school and learning the alphabet. The students give examples of how the alphabet is used, perform skits, sing songs, dance, and in the end receive an alphabet book.

One of the things that I find revolutionizing school performances is that my school acquired a projector at the end of April. I can't explain how happy this makes me feel. Its existence was one of the first questions I asked once I felt comfortable at site and wanted to look into technological resources I should start fundraising for at site. I was told there was one, but no one could tell me where it was. So just like spring came out of no where, so too did our projector. I'm hoping to start writing a grant later this summer to create a language resource center for my school that would include another one and other devices in order to allow students to have more exposure to English and have a space for interactive learning, a film club, and leadership club.

No comments:

Post a Comment