Friday, April 2, 2010

OMG


So I'm reading Taras Bulba by Gogol in Russian and for some reason the imagery of the Cossacks made me think of Christopher Lowell. I don't understand the connection, maybe it's divine intervention. I haven't thought about Christopher for a long time. For those of you who don't know, he is an interior designer/decorator that had an hour-long daytime show on Discovery in the late 90s. I loved this man. I could watch him for hours during summer vacation while eating ramen. His design sense is unparalleled when it comes to middle America. I wish I could properly describe the brilliance of his old shows, the thought alone is making me turn red in the face.

Anyways, since about 2004 I've been kicking myself for never recording any of his shows. Besides puppies, I can't think of anything else I'd rather waste time watching in a sedated stupor. From time to time, I search online to see if a collection has been marketed or something. Occasionally I'll come across is 7 layer design (so intense!) and some VHS tapes, but not the series.

I just looked at his official website and it looks like Discovery might have released a DVD collection of his classics! I'm not going to beg for this. I'm quietly going to wait until I'm stateside to take part in. In the meantime, I'll see if there's any hidden gems in his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment