Tuesday, March 2, 2010

connected again


the old kolkhoz

I had the slight misfortune of breaking my power cord, so other than a few quick glances at my mailbox, I've lost track of what's going on outside. Hopefully in the next few days I can make up for lost time, replying to working groups and writing grants, so that I don't feel that February was a complete waste outside of my teaching.

The snow has melted. I'm so thankful to be living in the south. I love winter, but winter here is so much harsher because of the lack of indoor heating and access to products that make cold weather bearable.

With the warmer weather, I've been exploring the village more. Here are some pictures:









View from the cemetery. Yes, those are picnic benches. Certain celebrations throughout the year call families to relax and eat with the deceased.

No comments:

Post a Comment