Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What progress are you speaking of?



Not much changes in my village. The weather, yes. The sort of tomato seed planted or the state of a lampost. This has been a big year then by these measures.

This past spring one of my favorite garbage dumps has miraculously been transformed into a new building. It's yellow! It has curves! It's so obvious that someone somewhere abused funds and the political party in power is trying to mellow disapproval!

Meet our new "Building of Work/Labor." The old site was a first floor apartment, so I don't know what all they'll do with this space. I dream of workshops and trainings. Childcare.

I have to say I'm impressed with the construction. There are five air conditioner units on the back of it. It also has the first parking spaces I've seen anywhere in my town.





No comments:

Post a Comment